Clinical Fellowship Awards (CFAs)
2018 HTRS/Novo Nordisk Clinical Fellowship Awards ("CFAs") in Hemophilia and Rare Bleeding Disorders
The deadline for the 2018 HTRS/Novo Nordisk Clinical Fellowship Awards ("CFAs") in Hemophilia and Rare Bleeding Disorders is Monday, January 22, 2018, 6:00 pm ET.
The Hemostasis and Thrombosis Research Society (HTRS) and Novo Nordisk Inc. announce the availability of two awards in 2018 to support clinical fellowships focused on hemophilia and other rare bleeding disorders for one academic year (July 1, 2018 - June 30, 2019). During the fellowship year, awardees must be mentored by experienced MDs or DOs working in hemophilia and rare bleeding disorders at established U.S.-based hemostasis treatment centers (HTCs).
See the Request for Proposals for more information.
The Application Form is available here.
- Applicants must be adult or pediatric hematology/oncology MDs or DOs working in the United States who will have completed a fellowship from an accredited U.S. Hematology, Hematology/Oncology, or Pediatric Hematology/Oncology training program by July 1, 2018.
- Applicants may be up to 3-years post-fellowship as of July 1, 2018 as long as the CFA grant provides an opportunity to focus on building a career in hemostasis for applicants who did not immediately pursue this career track following the completion of their fellowship. (CFA grants are not intended for applicants up to 3-years post-fellowship who have already secured a faculty position in hemostasis.)
- Only U.S.-based trainees or junior attending/junior faculty are eligible to apply for a 2018 CFA grant.
The HTRS Clinical Fellowship Awards Program is supported by an educational grant from Novo Nordisk Inc.
Questions about the Program can also be directed to Laura or Lori in the HTRS Office at [email protected] or by calling (414) 937-6569.
HTRS recognizes Novo Nordisk as a Founding Supporter of
the HTRS/Novo Nordisk CFA Program and
a supporter of two (2) 2018 HTRS/Novo Nordisk CFAs
in Hemophilia and Rare Bleeding Disorders.
The recipients of the 2017 HTRS/Novo Nordisk Clinical Fellowship Awards in Hemophilia and Rare Bleeding Disorders are
- Michelle T. Chi, MD
University of Tennessee, Memphis, Hemophilia & Thrombosis Treatment Center of Memphis
Mentor: Sandeep Rajan, MD
- Fadi Nossair, MD
Children’s Hospital of Orange County, Rady Children’s Hemophilia and Thrombosis Treatment Center
Mentors: Courtney Thornburg, MD, MD and Diane Nugent, MD
The recipients of the 2016 HTRS/Novo Nordisk Clinical Fellowship Awards in Hemophilia and Rare Bleeding Disorders are
- Holleh Husseinzadeh, MD
- Tiffany Lin, MD
The recipients of the 2015 HTRS/Novo Nordisk Clinical Fellowship Awards in Hemophilia and Rare Bleeding Disorders are
- Duc “Bobby” Q. Tran, Jr. MD, MSc
- Beth Bouldon Warren, MD
The recipients of the 2014 HTRS/Novo Nordisk Clinical Fellowship Award in Hemophilia and Rare Bleeding Disorders are
- Stacy E. Croteau, MD, MMS
- Michael Silvey, DO
The recipient of the 2013 HTRS/Novo Nordisk Clinical Fellowship Award in Hemophilia and Rare Bleeding Disorders is
This award program is supported by an educational grant from Novo Nordisk Inc.