2017 Dataset Research Engagement and ATHN Mentorship (“DREAM”) Award
The pre-proposal deadline for the 2017 Dream Award has passed. Check here again in 2017 for information about the 2018 Dream Award.
HTRS and ATHN wish to thank Shire for making the 2017 award possible through an educational grant.
- Applicants residing in the U.S. and working at U.S.-based, ATHN-affiliated HTCs are eligible to apply for a 2015 DREAM Award. (If the applicant is not presently working at an ATHN-affiliated HTC, he/she is required to collaborate with a primary mentor who is working at an ATHN-affiliated HTC to be eligible.)
- Applicants who have previously received HTRS Mentored Research or Clinical Fellowship Awards are eligible to submit for a 2015 DREAM Award as long as the grant periods do not overlap.
- Applicants interested in submitting a pre-proposal for a 2017 DREAM Award should email to request a pre-proposal application form.
- Pre-proposals are due Wednesday, June 1, 2016 by 6:00 p.m. ET. Pre-proposals should be emailed as one PDF document with the subject line “HTRS/ATHN DREAM Award Pre-proposal Submission.”
- Invited full proposals will be due Monday, August 29, 2016 by 6:00 p.m. ET. They should be emailed as one PDF document with the subject line “HTRS/ATHN DREAM Award Full Proposal Submission.” Note that the deadline for full proposals is earlier than previously publicized.
- Awards will be announced in October 2016 for 12-month projects running from July 1, 2017 through June 30, 2018, or 24-month projects running from July 1, 2017 through June 30, 2019.
Read the REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS (RFP) for eligibility and other details.
Note Regarding Using the Application Form:
- The Application Form is a fillable/writable PDF which is handled differently depending on which browser you are using.
- It is best to download/save the blank Application Form to your desktop/computer before completing and saving your entries because with certain browsers, it will not save unless you download it to your own computer first. (In our experience, if using Mozilla Firefox, for example, you will need to click on the small down arrow at the top right of the form (the download arrow) in order to save it to your computer.)
- The Form itself can be slow to open (be patient) and you must doubleclick in the blanks to begin keying.
- Please contact HTRS at [email protected] if you have any questions.
The following provide the content of the webinars presented in April 2016:
ATHN DATA SHARING AND USE AGREEMENT CONTENTS
Award recipients will be asked to agree to and sign this agreement before accessing the ATHNdataset.
After reading the RFP, applicants interested in submitting a pre-proposal for a 2017 DREAM Award should email to request a pre-proposal application form.
The 2017 DREAM Award recipient supported by a medical education grant from Shire is:
Kristina M. Haley, MD (Two Year Award)
Oregon Health & Science University Hemophilia Center
Mentor: Michael Recht, MD, PhD
Co-Mentor: Roshni Kulkarni, MD (Michigan State University)
Project Title: ATHENA1: Characterizing the impact and treatment of reproductive tract bleeding on women with bleeding disorders
Robert F. Sidonio, Jr., MD, MSc
Assistant Professor, Associate Director of Hemostasis and Thrombosis
Shirley Abraham, MD
Director, Ted R. Montoya Hemophilia Treatment Center and Assistant Professor, Pediatricsa
University of New Mexico
The 2015 DREAM Award recipients supported by a medical education grant from Shire are:
Tyler W. Buckner, MD, MSc (One Year Award)
Assistant Professor, Division of Hematology
University of Colorado, Denver, Anschutz Medical Campus/University of Colorado Hemophilia and Thrombosis Center
Mentors: Marilyn Manco-Johnson, MD and Adit Ginde, MD, MPH
Project Title: Regional and center-level variation in utilization of orthopedic surgical interventions in persons with hemophilia
Ming Y. Lim, MB BChir, MA (One Year Award)
Assistant Professor, Division of Hematology/Oncology
Medical University of South Carolina/UNC Hemophilia and Thrombosis Center
Mentors: Nigel Key, MB, ChB, FRCP and Christine Kempton, MD, MSc
Project Title: Inhibitors in non-severe hemophilia A patients
The 2016 DREAM Award recipients supported by a medical education grant from Hemophilia of Georgia are:
Stacy Croteau, MD (Two Year Award)
Instructor in Pediatrics
Boston Children's Hospital/Boston Hemophilia Center
Mentor: Ellis Neufeld, MD, PhD
Project Title: Evolving Real-World Use of Standard and EHL Products in Moderate and Severe Hemophilia Patients: A Practical Application of the ATHN Dataset
Lynn Malec, MD (Two Year Award)
Assistant Professor of Medicine and Pediatrics
Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh/Hemophilia Center of Western PA
Mentor: Margaret Ragni, MD
Project Title: Is Prophylaxis Putting Hemophilic Joints in the PINK: An ATHN-LINKED Observational Study
Duc "Bobby" Q. Tran, MD, MSc (One Year Award)
Emory University Comprehensive Bleeding Disorders Center
Mentors: Christine Kempton, MD, MSc and Barry Vaughn, PhD, MPH
Project Title: Characteristics Associated with Prescribed Prophylaxis of Factor Replacement