2021 HTRS Scientific Symposium
Registration is open for the 2021 HTRS Scientific Symposium, scheduled to take place virtually for the first time on March 10-12, 2021. We have made this decision for the health and well-being of our attendees. With this change, the meeting dates have been moved to March 10-12, 2021 to be mindful of participants' personal lives and avoid a weekend day (previously scheduled dates were Thursday through Saturday).
Pre-conference events will take place earlier in the week. HTRS provides a full week of virtual programming for all career levels including the Trainee Workshop (Residents or Fellows), Research Colloquium (Junior Faculty and Early-Stage Investigators, plus other interested attendees), and the Multidisciplinary Pre-Conference. The revised schedule of events can be found on the PROGRAM PAGE.
To register*, CLICK HERE
*Active HTRS members receive discounted registration as a benefit of membership. To join or renew your membership today, CLICK HERE. HTRS members, please check the Members-Only website page for your member code to use during registration.
HTRS will continue to be a comprehensive scientific meeting dedicated to continuing medical education and the advancement of clinical, translational, and basic science researched related to non-malignant blood disorders in both pediatric and adult medicine. Our target audience is:
- Clinicans and physician-scientists in pedatric and adult medicine, including related fields such as cardiology, pulmonology, and obstetrics/gynecology
- Medical students, trainees, and junior faculty
- Basic and translational scientists
- Nurses and nurse practitioners
- Physican assistants
- Any allied health professionals interested in hemostasis and/or thrombosis
- Industry colleagues
Regardless of format, we look forward to exploring hot topics in hemostasis and thrombosis, including COVID-19 and its impact on our field. Our goal is to ensure that the lively scientific exchange you expect from HTRS meetings can and will continue as we adapt to this “new normal.”
Highlights and Important Dates:
- REGISTRATION is open!
- ABSTRACT AWARDS (formerly Travel Awards for the in-person meeting): HTRS has increased the number of abstract awards in 2021 for trainees, early-stage investigators, minorities, and allied health professionals who submitted outstanding abstracts to the meeting. These awards will be featured as either Oral or Poster Presentations.
- NEW ORAL SESSION FORMATTING: Oral Presentations will be concurrent sessions with a total of 4 sessions overall and 4 presentations per timeslot. Below are the session topics:
- Wednesday, March 10, 2021 - 3:30 PM - 4:30 PM ET
- Concurrent A: vWF/Hemophilia A
- Concurrent B: Novel Mechanisms & Trials
- Thursday, March 11, 2021 - 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM ET
- Concurrent A: Thrombosis
- Concurrent B: Hemophilia B
- NEW POSTER SPEED SESSIONS: To facilitate face-to-face interaction between poster presenters and meeting attendees, each poster presenter will pre-record a 2-minute presentation, which will be added to a continuous deck for their sessions. The presentations will play back to back, then attendees can access the “roundtable” for the presentation of their choice to interact with the presenter for 20-minutes of discussion. A timer will sound and the attendees will move to the next table of their choice.
- NEW SPONSOR/EXHIBIT SPEED BREAKS: One-hour breaks will feature the supporters of the HTRS 2021 Scientific Symposium. Similar to the Poster Speed Sessions, conversations will take place at small 8-person tables, with attendees selecting which sponsor/exhibitor with whom they wish to meet. After 15-minutes, attendees will move to a new table to facilitate the experience of browsing exhibit booths in person.
- CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDITS are offered through the joint providership of the Postgraduate Institute for Medicine and HTRS, including AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ for physicians, ANCC Contact Hours for nurses, and ACPE Contact Hourse for pharmacists. New in 2021, enduring materials will be offered so attendees can submit for continuing education credits up to one year post-conference.
- SPONSORSHIP AND EXHIBITS - HTRS Corporate Colleagues and other industry supporters will offer virtual exhibits, satellite symposia, and other special events to enhance the experience for full conference virtual attendees.
We thank you for your flexibility. We highly encourage you to join the HTRS mailing list to stay up-to-date on the latest developments over the next few months by emailing [email protected] to be added. Stay well and we will connect with you soon!
Your HTRS 2021 Scientific Symposium Planning Committee
Jordan A. Shavit, MD, PhD - Chair
Ayesha N. Zia, MD - Vice Chair
Gowthami Arepally, MD
Alan Mast, MD, PhD
Suman L. Sood, MD, MS
Alisa S. Wolberg, PhD
Loren D’Angelo, RN-BC, BSN, MSN, CPNP-PC - Team Lead, Allied Health Professionals
Mary Lesh, PNP, MSN
Caitlin J. Montcrieff, CPNP, CPHON