2021 HTRS Scientific Symposium
Registration is now open for the 2021 HTRS Scientific Symposium, scheduled for March 11-13, 2021 at the Loews Coronado Bay, San Diego, CA. Stay tuned for details regarding format, which will likely feature live and virtual presentations. The abstract submission process also is now open and will close October 15, 2020.
To register*, CLICK HERE
To submit an abstract by Thursday, October 29th, CLICK HERE
*Active HTRS members receive discounted registration as a benefit of membership. To join or renew your membership today, CLICK HERE. HTRS members, please check the Members-Only website page for your member code to use during registration.
HTRS will continue to be a comprehensive scientific meeting dedicated to continuing medical education and the advancement of clinical, translational, and basic science researched related to non-malignant blood disorders in both pediatric and adult medicine. Our target audience is:
- Clinicans and physician-scientists in pedatric and adult medicine, including related fields such as cardiology, pulmonology, and obstetrics/gynecology
- Medical students, trainees, and junior faculty
- Basic and translational scientists
- Nurses and nurse practitioners
- Physican assistants
- Any allied health professionals interested in hemostasis and/or thrombosis
- Industry colleagues
HTRS is closely monitoring the impact of COVID-19 on our plans for March 2021. We hope to meet in-person at the beautiful Loews Coronado Bay Resort. Yet even as we open registration for this live event, we are prepared to pivot to a hybrid meeting (some live content, some virtual) or even a completely virtual event if necessary for the health and well-being of our attendees.
Regardless of format, we look forward to exploring hot topics in hemostasis and thrombosis, including COVID-19 and its impact on our field. This Symposium will also feature new opportunities for early-stage physician-scientists and researchers, including additional oral abstract and poster sessions, interactive breakouts, and mentoring. Dynamic, lively scientific exchange in this collegial atmosphere can and will continue as we adapt to this “new normal.”
Highlights and Important Dates:
- REGISTRATION and ABSTRACT SUBMISSION are now open! Should circumstances require a pivot to a hybrid or vitual meeting format, HTRS will announce revised registration fees and refund the balance for anyone already registered as appropriate.
- TRAVEL AWARDS*: An increase number of travel awards are available in 2021 for trainees/early-career investigators including underrepresented minorities, allied health professionals, undergraduates, and those from North or Central America -- all of whom are first authors of thei highest-scoring abstracts submitted to the meeting
- CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDITS are offered through the joint providership of the Postgraduate Institute for Medicine and HTRS, including AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ for physicians, ANCC Contact Hours for nurses, and ACPE Contact Hourse for pharmacists.
- SPONSORSHIP AND EXHIBITS - HTRS Corporate Colleagues and other industry supporters will offer exhibits, satellite symposia, and other special events to enhance the experience for full conference attendees.
Click here for the 2021 Abstract Acceptance Policy and Submission Instructions