The HTRS Junior Faculty Network: "ConECCTOR"
Consortium of Early Career Clinical, Translational and Outcomes Researchers
Who Should Join?
- Junior faculty up to 7 years post-fellowship
- Must be an HTRS Core Member to join ConECCTOR
Join HTRS and become a member of ConECCTOR
- Establish and enhance communication among junior faculty/junior attendings with careers in hemostasis and thrombosis
- Establish a network of peer mentors to provide support and advice
- Create a forum to discuss career development, standard of care clinical practice, and research among junior faculty
- Establish a network of senior mentors to provide education and guidance at established meetings and throughout the academic year
- Collaborate with the HTRS Fellows Network and HTRS members to develop and retain physician investigators in hemostasis and thrombosis
ConECCTOR meets at ASH, HTRS andTHSNA for discussions, networking, education and social events!
Topics of interest:
- Collaborative Research
- Setting career pathways
- Determining work/life balance
- Building an educator’s portfolio
... and much more!
Upcoming ConECCTOR Meeting: August 27, 2020
HTRS invites ConECCTOR members to participate in our upcoming ConECCTOR Meeting to be held virtually (via Zoom) on Thursday, August 27, 2020 from 9:00 – 10:30 AM CT.
ConECCTOR hosts biannual, in-person educational meetings during national hematology conferences and virtually. These educational meetings are usually 90-120 minutes long and feature research presentations by leading experts in benign hematology, small-group round-table discussions, networking time, and group discussion of topics of importance to early-career physician-scientists.
The agenda features the following HTRS member-faculty addressing corresponding topics:
- Riten Kumar, MD, MSc: "Establishing a Successful Clinical Research Career"
- Madhvi Rajpurkar, MD: "How to Conduct Survey Research"
- HTRS President Shannon Carpenter, MD, MS: "Navigating Academic Promotion"
Invitations have been emailed to ConECCTOR members. Please RSVP and submit advance questions by August 20, 2020 to [email protected].
Virtual Grant Review Workshop - August 21, 2020
Applications have been recieved for the upcoming HTRS ConECCTOR Grant Review Workshop to be held virtually (via Zoom) on Friday, August 21, 2020 from 1:30 PM – 3:30 PM CT.
Accepted applications will be discussed in a small-group Zoom meeting with the participant, one to two additional participants, and one or more of the following HTRS-member faculty:
- Jorge Di Paola, MD, Professor of Pediatrics and Molecular Genetics and Genomics, Division Chief, Pediatric Hematology Oncology, Washington University School of Medicine
- Vince Faustino, MD, MHS, Associate Professor of Pediatrics, Yale School of Medicine, Visiting Professor of Pediatrics, University of the Philippines College of Medicine
- Cindy Neunert, MD, MSCS, Section Head, Pediatric Hematology, Columbia University Medical Center
Participants will receive direct feedback for potential improvements to their projects/applications and will have the potential for ongoing discussions with colleagues and mentors. (*Due to conflicts of interest, we cannot accept applications for HTRS MRA or ATHN/DREAM Awards.) Accepted individuals were asked to provide grant-specific application materials and/or a description of the project and career goals in advance. Materials will be reviewed by faculty in advance and discussed in the two-hour session on August 21, 2020.
This meeting is NOT an official program of THSNA.
Lauren Amos, MD
Assistant Professor of Pediatrics, Division of Hematology/Oncology/BMT, Children's Mercy Kansas City
Hope Pritchett Wilson, MD
Assistant Professor, Division of Pediatric Hematology & Oncology, University of Alabama at Birmingham