The HTRS Junior Faculty Network: "ConECCTOR"
Consortium of Early Career Clinical, Translational and Outcomes Researchers
ConECCTOR meets via live and virtual events associated with ASH, HTRS Scientific Symposium and THSNA for discussion, networking, education and social events!
Who Should Join?
- Junior faculty up to 7 years post-fellowship
- Must be an HTRS Core Member to join ConECCTOR
Topics of interest include:
- Collaborative research
- Setting career pathways
- Determining work/life balance
- Building an educator’s portfolio
... and much more!
Join HTRS and become a member of ConECCTOR
- Establish and enhance communication among junior faculty/junior attendings with careers in hemostasis and thrombosis
- Establish a network of peer mentors to provide support and advice
- Create a forum to discuss career development, standard of care clinical practice, and research among junior faculty
- Establish a network of senior mentors to provide education and guidance at established meetings and throughout the academic year
- Collaborate with the HTRS Fellows Network and HTRS members to develop and retain physician investigators in hemostasis and thrombosis
ASH 2020 Virtual ConECCTOR Meeting: Tuesday, December 8, 2020
Please join our next virtual HTRS ConECCTOR Meeting for both ConECCTOR and Fellows Network members during ASH on Tuesday, December 8th, 2020 from 4:30 – 6:00 PM CT. Special thanks to Octapharma, 2020 Sponsor of the HTRS ConECCTOR Network, and Spark Therapeutics, Inc., 2020/2021 Sponsor of the HTRS ConECCTOR Network.
Our AGENDA features the following HTRS member-faculty addressing these topics:
- Alice Ma, MD: "How to Say No"
- Professor and Program Director, Department of Medicine, Hematology/Oncology, University of North Carolina
- Ayesha Zia, MD: "How to Build a Research Program: Emphasis on Conducting/Balancing Research During COVID"
- Associate Professor, Pediatric Hematology/Oncology, UT Southwestern Medical Center
- Angela Weyand, MD: "Incorporating Social Media Into Your Hematology Practice"
- Clinical Assistant Professor, Department of Pediatric Hematology/Oncology, University of Michigan
To RSVP and confirm participation, please email [email protected] by December 2 to receive a link and virtual meeting password the week before.
ConECCTOR hosts biannual, in-person and virtual educational meetings during national hematology conferences. These educational meetings are usually 90-120 minutes long and feature research presentations by leading experts in benign hematology, small-group round-table discussions, networking time, and group discussion of topics of importance to early-career physician-scientists.
Virtual Grant Review Workshop - December 11, 2020
We invite ConECCTOR and Fellows Network members to participate in our upcoming HTRS ConECCTOR Grant Review Workshop to be held virtually on Friday, December 11, 2020 from10:00 - 11:30 AM CT.
Please submit applications by Tuesday, December 1, 2020. For required application form, CLICK HERE or email [email protected].
Accepted applications will be discussed in a small-group virtual meeting with the participant(s) and the following HTRS-member faculty:
- Margaret Ragni, MD, MPH, Director, Hemophilia Center of Western PA, Professor of Medicine and Clinical Translational Science, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine
- Courtney Thornburg, MD, Professor, Medical Director/Division of Pediatric Hematology/Oncology, Rady Children's Hospital, University of San Diego
Participants will receive direct feedback for potential improvements to their projects/applications and will have the potential for ongoing discussions with colleagues and mentors. (*Due to conflicts of interest, we cannot accept applicaitons for HTRS MRA or ATHN/DREAM Awards.)
Please submit grant-specific application materials and/or a description of the project and career goals to [email protected] by Monday, November 30, 2020. Materials will be reviewed by faculty in advance and discussed in the two-hour session on December 11.
This meeting is NOT an official program of ASH.
2020-2022 ConECCTOR Co-Chairs
Lauren Amos, MD
Assistant Professor of Pediatrics, Division of Hematology/Oncology/BMT, Children's Mercy Kansas City
Hope Pritchett Wilson, MD
Assistant Professor, Division of Pediatric Hematology & Oncology, University of Alabama at Birmingham