2019 Mentored Research Award (MRA)
The 2019 MRA Full Proposal deadlines have passed and recipients have been selected. Please consider applying in the summer or fall for the 2020 MRA; details to come.
(2019 MRA Full Proposals, by invitation only, were due Tuesday, December 18, 2018 by 6 p.m. ET.)
The 2019 HTRS Mentored Research Award (MRA) Program provides financial support for qualified fellows or junior attending/junior faculty (MDs or DOs) pursuing clinical, translational, or basic science research projects in hemostasis and/or thrombosis under the guidance of an experienced mentor. Since the program’s inception in 2007, HTRS has awarded more than $6.5 million for 42 Mentored Research Awards.
The goals of the HTRS MRA Program are to:
- Combat the shortage of skilled academic physician-researchers in benign hematology in North America by providing funding, mentorship, and career development support to early stage physician-scientists pursuing academic research careers in benign hematology (or areas of medicine with a major component of benign hematology).
- Advance the science underlying the clinical management of hemostasis and thrombosis disorders by supporting new research to improve the health and well being of people living with these disorders.
The 2019 MRA Pre-proposal Deadline was Friday, September 7, 2018.
Proposals were sought as one PDF document to [email protected]. Please view the Request for Proposals for full information.
2019 HTRS MRA Request for Proposals (RFP)
2019 HTRS MRA Application Form
2019 HTRS MRA Budget Form (required with Full Proposal)
Notes Regarding Using the Application Form:
- The Application Form is a fillable/writable PDF which is handled differently depending on which browser you are using.
- It is best to download/save the blank Application Form to your desktop/computer before completing and saving your entries because with certain browsers, it will not save unless you download it to your own computer first. (In our experience, if using Mozilla Firefox, for example, you will need to click on the small down arrow at the top right of the form (the download arrow) in order to save it to your computer.)
- The Form itself can be slow to open (be patient) and you may have to doubleclick in the blanks to begin keying.
- Please contact HTRS at [email protected] if you have any questions.
2015 HTRS Mentored Research Award Recipients
Pavan K. Bendapudi, MD
Rachel S. Bercovitz, MD
Grace M. Lee, MD
Benjamin J. Samelson-Jones, MD
Anish V. Sharda, MBBS, MPH