The Vanderbilt Clinic (TVC), Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN
Diagnostic Laboratories Team Leader, Esoteric Coagulation
Vanderbilt University Medical Center (VUMC) is seeking to hire a Diagnostic Laboratories Team Leader (DLTL), who will report to the Manager of the Esoteric Coagulation diagnostic laboratories and will supervise efficient integration and management of the team and operations to properly provide laboratory services. The DLTL defines performance standards and manages operations to support consistent outcomes which meet or exceed quality standards. The DLTL plans, coordinates and supervises the activities of personnel engaged in testing and implements new technology. In support of the MLS programs, the DLTL enables staff to serve as instructors for the primary training of the MLS students.
There is a $10,000.00 signing bonus along with a relocation stipend signing incentive.
- Manages daily activities and the team to optimize operational processes and meet quality performance standards within the Laboratory service
- Supervises personnel, selects new employees, assures staff are properly trained and meet competencies, identifies training needs, responsible for performance evaluation
- Develops and implements quality control/assurance program, including appropriate proficiency testing and peer review standards
- Responsible for maintaining all required activities and documents to assure compliance with both regulatory and accreditation standards applicable to this laboratory
- The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) from accredited institution and 5 years relevant experience. Medical Laboratory Scientist Certification or Medical Laboratory Technologist Tennessee license. If not licensed, must be eligible to obtain Medical Technologist license in 120 days. If not licensed, must be eligible to obtain Medical Laboratory Supervisor license within 6 months
- License as a Medical Laboratory Technologist generalist or categorical, or
- Successful completion of CAHEA or NAACLS accredited medical laboratory science program or BS degree from an accredited institution with major in a biological, chemical, physical, or clinical laboratory science, or Equivalent education and experience per CLIA and the Tennessee Medical Laboratory Board (1200-067-01-.22) for personnel performing high complexity testing, AND ASCP medical laboratory scientist generalist or categorical certification, or equivalent certification. Allowed 120 days to obtain State of Tennessee license. Considered ‘in training’ prior to license approval
- License as a Medical Laboratory Supervisor generalist or categorical, or
- If not currently licensed, must have national MLS (ASCP) Certification or categorical equivalent Certification. Medical Laboratory Supervisor license in the state of Tennessee or eligibility to obtain Medical Laboratory Supervisor license in the state of Tennessee. Allowed, 6 months to obtain State of Tennessee Supervisor license. Considered “in training” prior to license approval
- 5 years relevant experience, proven ability to create cohesion with a engaged team of laboratory professionals, sincere enthusiasm and a strong work ethic