Royal Children's Hospital - Melbourne, Australia
Paediatric Haematologist and Anticoagulation Lead
An exciting opportunity exists for a dynamic and experienced clinician to join the RCH Clinical Haematology team as the Anticoagulation lead. This is a critical leadership role providing guidance and strategic direction related to governance for all anticoagulation services at RCH, in line with the RCH vision and strategy.
The Anticoagulation lead will consistently provide the highest-quality, family-centred care, with a focus on campuswide education strategies promoting consistency of care, while maintaining strong staff engagement, in addition to developing and maintaining effective relationships with the community, industry, patients, and families.
The candidate will be responsible for:
- Providing strategic direction and governance of anticoagulation management across the campus
- Working in partnership with other medical, nursing and allied health professional staff to provide excellent medical and pathology services for inpatients and outpatients within the employees scope of practice (Clinical Haematology)
- Managing in-patients admitted under clinical haematology while on ward service and on-call
- Contributing to the management of patients referred to Clinical Haematology for consultative advice
- Serving as liaison with parents/carers and external healthcare providers in relation to treatment plans and procedures for patients with haematological disorders
- Competently performing haematology procedures including bone marrow biopsy, lumbar puncture and administration of intrathecal chemotherapy in accordance with hospital guidelines as required
- Participation in providing high-quality pathology services at the Royal Children’s and Royal Women’s Hospital including routine and specialized haematology test reporting, communication and interpretation of results for clinicians, all pathology laboratory quality activities and transfusion medicine services
- Working in accordance with all Laboratory procedures
- Supporting, training and supervising junior medical staff
Experience and enthusiasm to facilitate important clinician lead research will assist to achieve these objectives.
For a full description of the position, CLICK HERE
Interested applicants should contact Anthea Greenway at [email protected].