HTRS Fellows Network
Who Should Join?
- Fellows, Trainees, Residents, and Medical or PhD Students interested in hemostasis and thrombosis
- Must be an HTRS Trainee or Student Member (Medical or PhD Student) to join the Fellows Network:
- Join HTRS
Trainees receive complimentary HTRS and Fellows Network membership for the course of their fellowship program. The Fellows Network meets at major hematology conferences (ASH, HTRS, and THSNA) for social and professional networking. Members receive quarterly newsletters and emails, and can visit a special section of the HTRS website containing info regarding grants, training and other opportunities!
For Spring 2019 Newsletter, please CLICK HERE
For Fall 2019 Newsletter, please CLICK HERE
For Spring 2020 Newsletter, please CLICK HERE
For Summer/Fall 2020 Newsletter, please CLICK HERE
- Establish and enhance communication among fellows/trainees interested in careers in hemostasis and thrombosis
- Establish a network of peers to provide support and advice
- Provide information and resources to encourage and assist fellows to pursue a successful career in hemostasis and thrombosis
- Provide access to the expertise of established physicians and researchers working in hemostasis and thrombosis
- Collaborate with ConECCTOR (the HTRS Junior Faculty Network) and HTRS members to develop and retain physician investigators in hemostasis and thrombosis
Summer/Fall2020: New Webinar Series focuses on Career Development
"Applying for a Faculty Job" - August 25, 2020
Thanks to all who attended the successful launch of our new HTRS Fellows Network Webinar Series focusing on Career Development, which took place via Zoom on August 25, 2020. Attendees, please watch for a survey to come soon with links to contact info for the presenting faculty.
Four faculty panelists discussed their experiences navigating the process of applying for a faculty job in the last year:
- Jori May, MD, Assistant Professor of Medicine, University of Alabama at Birmingham
- Sven Olson, MD, Assistant Professor of Medicine, Section of Classical Hematology, Oregon Health & Science University
- Michael H. White, MD, MSc, Assistant Professor in Pediatric Hematology/Oncology, Aflac Cancer and Blood Disorders Center, Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta
- Megan Brown MD, MSc, Senior Associate in Pediatric Hematology/Oncology, Aflac Cancer and Blood Disorders Center, Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta
For key tips shared during the Webinar, CLICK HERE
For Fellows Network Chair Jennifer Yui's slide presentation, CLICK HERE
Watch for the next FN Career Development Webinar on Mentor/Mentee Relationships on Tuesday, October 13th at 6:00 PM CT. To register and receive the Zoom link, email [email protected] by Friday, October 9, 2020.
Virtual Grant Review Workshop - August 2020
HTRS ConECCTOR recently hosted a Grant Review Workshop (via Zoom) on Friday, August 21, 2020 from 1:30 PM – 3:30 PM CT. Accepted applications were discussed in a small-group Zoom meeting with the following HTRS-member faculty:
· Jorge Di Paola, MD, Professor of Pediatrics and Molecular Genetics and Genomics, Division Chief, Pediatric Hematology Oncology, Washington University School of Medicine
· Vince Faustino, MD, MHS, Associate Professor of Pediatrics, Yale School of Medicine, Visiting Professor of Pediatrics, University of the Philippines College of Medicine
· Cindy Neunert, MD, MSCS, Section Head, Pediatric Hematology, Columbia University Medical Center
Participants received direct feedback for potential improvements to their projects/applications and will have the potential for ongoing discussions with colleagues and mentors. (*Due to conflicts of interest, we did not accept applications for HTRS MRA or ATHN/DREAM Awards.)
Accepted individuals were asked to provide grant-specific application materials and/or a description of the project and career goals. Materials were reviewed by faculty in advance and discussed in the two-hour session on August 21, 2020.
This meeting is NOT an official program of THSNA.
Fellows Network Chair and Chair Elect
Jennifer Yui, MD, Chair
University of Pennsylvania
Anna Parks, MD, Chair Elect
University of California, San Francisco
Fellows Network Council Members
Sherwin DeSouza, MD
Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Taussig Cancer Center
Harry Fuentes Bayne, MD
Rudi-Ann Graham, MD
George Goshua, MD
Hana Lim, MD
Weill Cornell Medicine