Member Recognition Awards
Member recognition awards will be presented during the Awards Program on March 11, 2023. The Dr. Joan Cox Gill Award for Outstanding Service to HTRS and the Lifetime Achievement Award honor members who have made lasting and extraordinary contributions to the Society and our mission.
At each biennial HTRS Scientific Symposium, HTRS honors a member who has made a lasting and extraordinary contribution to the Society and its members.
The award, established in 2013, is officially titled "The Dr. Joan Cox Gill Award for Outstanding Service to the Hemostasis and Thrombosis Research Society" ("The Dr. Joan Cox Gill Service Award" for short), in honor of the first recipient, Dr. Joan Cox Gill. Dr. Gill received the award at our 2013 Scientific Symposium in Charlotte, North Carolina at an award ceremony held at the NASCAR Hall of Fame.
This award is determined and selected by the HTRS Board of Directors, and will be presented during the Awards Program on Saturday, March 11, 2023.
At each biennial HTRS Scientific Symposium, members honor members of our community who have made a lasting and extraordinary contribution to research, education, mentorship, or clinical care in hemostasis or thrombosis.
HTRS will award two Lifetime Achievement Awards, which will be presented during the Awards Program on March 11, 2023.
HTRS members are encouraged to nominate one or more individuals for this award.
Nominations are due Friday, September 30, 2022.
To nominate an individual for a 2023 Lifetime Achievement Award, submit the following materials:
- Nomination letter to the HTRS Board of Directors outlining your reasons for nominating this individual for the award
- A copy of your candidate’s CV
- A brief career bio of your candidate, including their current professional title, mailing address, phone number, and email address
- Your own CV and brief career, bio including your current professional title, mailing address, phone number, and email address
The HTRS Board of Directors will not review nominations without all these required materials.
Submit your nominations by September 30, 2022, 11:59 PM ET via email to [email protected].
Review Process and Award Presentation
- Nomination letters will be reviewed and voted on by the HTRS Board of Directors at their October 2022 meeting
- HTRS staff will then notify the nominators that their candidate (or candidates) received the award
- The awards will be presented at the HTRS 2023 Awards Dinner and Talent Show, on Saturday, March 11, 2023
For a list of previous award winners visit the HTRS award pages.